Dana Petcu (Mrs., PhD) is Professor at Computer Science Department of West University of Timisoara, scientific manager of its supercomputing center, and CEO of the research spin-off Institute e-Austria Timisoara. Her interest in distributed and parallel computing is reflected in more than two hundred papers about Cloud, Grid, Cluster or HPC computing. She is and was involved in several projects funded by European Commission and other research funding agencies, as coordinator, scientific coordinator, or local team leader. She is chief editor of the open-access journal Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience.
Fields of scientific interest:
- Current: Distributed (Cloud & Grid) computing, Parallel (HPC & Cluster) computing.
- Former: Mathematical software, Numerical methods, Computer graphics.
- Ms.Degree: Computer Science
- Ph.Degree: Numerical Analysis
- Professor at Computer Science Department of West University of Timisoara
- Researcher and Director of Institute e-Austria Timisoara
Latest successful tasks
- Project coordinator of SPRERS
- Scientific coordinator of mOSAIC
- Editor of EU Research Activities in Cloud Computing